Race: 26th January 2019
Organiser: Frank McLaren (01337 830306)
Registration: Falkland Village Hall
Details: Race registration is in the Village Hall in the main car park in Falkland, commencing at 8.30 am. There are limited changing facilities and toilets at the Village Hall in Falkland, and none at the stage changeovers.
Start: 500 metres up the road from the duck pond, Falkland Estate, near the left turn to go up the road to the start of the beech hedges. There will be two waves, starting at 9.20 and 10.30 am. Teams expected to take more than 3:45 in total should start in the first wave. Please do not bring cars to Falkland Estate. The start is a 10-minute jog from registration.
Compulsory kit listed on the entry form. It is the team captain's responsibility to ensure that all team members carry the essential safety gear.
The race will be run in the following order:
- Leg 1: Falkland to Strathmiglo (single runner) [leg 1 map] 7.5km, 200m climb
- Leg 2: Strathmiglo to Kinnesswood (paired runners) [leg 2 map] 11.5km, 700m climb [bad weather alternative]
- Leg 3: Kinnesswood to Maspie Den (paired runners) [leg 3 map] 11.5km, 420m climb
- Leg 4: Maspie Den to Falkland (single runner) [leg 4 map] 5.8km, 390m climb [bad weather alternative]
All checkpoints are listed on the entry form and on the individual maps. Legs 1, 2 and 4 have changed from 2018. Where marked routes are shown on the maps, runners must follow them. Otherwise, runners may choose their own routes between checkpoints.
Runners on legs 3 and 4 must stay out of the Maspie Den gully: stick to the large track that runs roughly parallel with and close to the fence on the west side, above the gully. Stay on the left of the track at all times and be aware that there will be runners coming in the opposite direction, as well as members of the public. Please close all gates behind you. Please be considerate to members of the public, particularly runners descending. The Leslie - Falkland road is completely out of bounds, other than the leg 4 crossing. Any runners using the road will be disqualified.
The 3/4 change-over is in the woods close to Westfield (furniture maker), grid reference 239072. There is NO access to the changeover for vehicles. Please park in the village and make your way to the changeover on foot—the route will be marked with tape.
Prize categories are as follows:
- Open Senior - no restriction on team composition. 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
- Open 40+ - any gender mix, all runners must be 40 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
- Open 50+ - any gender mix, all runners must be 50 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
- Open 60+ - any gender mix, all runners must be 60 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
- Female Senior - six women, no age restrictions. 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
- Female 40+ - six women, all runners must be 40 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
- Female 50+ - six women, all runners must be 50 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
- Female 60+ - six women, all runners must be 60 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
- Mixed Senior - three women and three men, no age restrictions. 1st prize only.
- Mixed 40+ - three women and three men, all runners must be 40 or older on the day. 1st prize only.
No more than one prize will be awarded to a team. If a team is eligible for more than one prize they will be awarded the prize in the higher position, and then the younger age category. For example:
- If the fastest 40+ team is also the second fastest overall, they will receive the 40+ prize, and the next team will receive the 2nd senior prize.
- If the fastest 50+ team beats all the 40+ teams, they will receive the 40+ prize and the next 50+ team will receive the 50+ prize.
No data available.
No data available.
No data available.